Fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world. This is due, in part, to their striking training since punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy requires people to utilize their entire body from the ground up. As a consequence, striking is one of the most rudimentary and functional movements that involve the core.
With this in mind, the CrossFit Striking Trainer Course is designed to give participants the essential skills that will allow them to instruct athletes in the basic striking concepts of mixed martial arts, boxing and self-protection. Participants will be taught how to incorporate striking drills into CrossFit workouts so that overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power can be increased. In addition, the CrossFit Striking Trainer Course will teach participants to:
● Achieve a fighter’s fitness level
● Add variety to CrossFit workouts
● Be able to throw proper strikes and combinations, i.e. punch & kick
● Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain that
support athletic performance and fighting
● Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience
● Be able to teach proper striking mechanics to clients
● Safely run a training session involving striking skills and drills
● Teach an essential self-protection skill-set to athletes
● Effectively utilize shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag
The Endurance course is a powerful weekend of getting faster, stronger and increasing overall fitness/performance. Led by one of our head coaches for CrossFit Endurance, you will get both in depth education as well as a unique opportunity to be (run) evaluated throughout the weekend.
This is a Course that is the ideal CrossFit Level 1 compliment. A Level 1 is NOT a prerequisite to attend an Endurance Course. This introduction to CrossFit Endurance fundamentals is ideal for coaches/trainers, all endurance athletes, CrossFit athletes looking to shave WOD times or simply for those of you looking to fine tune your run mechanics.
In addition to the individual coaching we focus on biomechanics, the science of running, nutrition, injury prevention, and programming implementation. We focus on quality of training, not quantity.
The weekend is full of current content that you can apply immediately. Racing, training or getting more powerful – you’ll walk (or run!) away with a refreshing perspective of how endurance training should be done.
With already 22 Team Members signed up for the Spartan Race this is sure to be an amazing event!!!! If you are planning on signing up please try and do so ASAP so you can take advantage of the current offer. We wanted to inform you that Spartan will increase the sign-up fee each month as we get closer to the race.
The sign-up instructions are below:
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO JOIN OUR TEAM TO COMPETE IN THEJUNE 7TH, 2014 SPARTAN RACE THAT IS BEING HELD IN TUXEDO NEW YORK. IT IS A GREAT WAY TO COMPETE TOGETHER AS A GROUP AND HAVE A TON OF FUN WHILE ACCOMPLISHING 4 MILES OF HILLY TERRAIN AND OVER 15 OBSTACLES.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO….
- WATCH THE VIDEO FROM LAST YEARS RACE:
- THEN AFTER YOU THINK THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU COULD DO THAT(HAHA) GO TO THE LINK BELOW TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- FILL OUT THE INFORMATION AND CLICK THE BOX THAT SAYS CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM
- THEN CLICK ON
|Afternoon Start Times (12:15 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.)|
|Individual & Team||$60.00|
- FILL OUT EITHER THE NEW USER BOX WITH YOUR EMAIL OR SIGN IN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT
- CLICK ON THE “YOURSELF” OPTION FOR WHO YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR
- AFTER YOU FILL OUT ALL OF THE INFORMATION CLICK ON “CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM”. THEN SEARCH FOR THE NAME CROSSFIT INVASION AND CLICK ON IT
- THE OTHER OPTIONS SUCH AS MEDAL TYPE AND HURRICANE RELAY ARE OPTIONAL AND I WOULD CHECK NO.
- CLICK THE TWO WAIVER BOXES AND THEN SIGN THE BOTTOM.
- ONCE YOU REVIEW EVERYTHING AND GET TO THE CHECKOUT PAGE USE CODE: “TS15” TO RECEIVE $15.00 OFF (MAKING THE TOTAL $64.61) OR IF THAT DOESN’T WORK TRY “SPEAR10” TO TRY AND RECEIVE $10.00 OFF(I AM NOT SURE IF THIS CODE IS STILL ACTIVE BUT IT IS WORTH A TRY)
- UPON COMPLETING YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CFINVASION@AOL.COM SO THAT I CAN ADD YOU TO OUR TEAM LIST AND SEND YOU RACE UPDATES.
- ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LET US KNOW!!! REGISTRATION FOR THE RACE IS ALREADY 70% FULL SO BE SURE TO SIGN UP SOON!!!!!!
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
― Lao Tzu
Regardless of a person’s past athletic experience or current level of fitness, everyone who comes to CrossFit Invasion is provided with the opportunity to learn about basic techniques, terminology, pre-workout warm ups and exercises before participating in regular classes. These include a total of six small group sessions with one of our coaches.read more