CrossFit Powerlifting will be taught with the techniques used by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell. Laura Phelps-Sweatt and Shane Sweatt will be presenting these methods at this course. Spend 2 days learning the Backsquat, Deadlift, and Bench Press using techniques that have allowed Louie Simmons to create the most successful powerlifters in the world. This course is not for the faint of heart. You will be jumping right into a very intense lifting environment.
Over the many years that Louie has been involved in Powerlifting, he has gained a vast amount of knowledge on how to produce strength. Through experience, the percent training method, conjugate training method, dynamic training method, maximum effort method, lifting techniques, raising work capacity, rehabilitation and restoration, and reactive and contrast method have become his area of expertise. It is this knowledge and expertise that has lead to the production of 25 World and National champions, 27 lifters who have totaled over 2000 lbs and a world record in the 400m dash by Butch Reynolds. Also, Louie’s methods of training have resulted in thirty-three 550lb benchers, eighteen 600lb benchers, and five 700lb benchers. Also to his credit are twenty-eight 800lb plus squatters, ten 900lb plus squatters, and three 1000lb plus squatters.
The Endurance course is a powerful weekend of getting faster, stronger and increasing overall fitness/performance. Led by one of our head coaches for CrossFit Endurance, you will get both in depth education as well as a unique opportunity to be (run) evaluated throughout the weekend.
This is a Course that is the ideal CrossFit Level 1 compliment. A Level 1 is NOT a prerequisite to attend an Endurance Course. This introduction to CrossFit Endurance fundamentals is ideal for coaches/trainers, all endurance athletes, CrossFit athletes looking to shave WOD times or simply for those of you looking to fine tune your run mechanics.
In addition to the individual coaching we focus on biomechanics, the science of running, nutrition, injury prevention, and programming implementation. We focus on quality of training, not quantity.
The weekend is full of current content that you can apply immediately. Racing, training or getting more powerful – you’ll walk (or run!) away with a refreshing perspective of how endurance training should be done.
With already 22 Team Members signed up for the Spartan Race this is sure to be an amazing event!!!! If you are planning on signing up please try and do so ASAP so you can take advantage of the current offer. We wanted to inform you that Spartan will increase the sign-up fee each month as we get closer to the race.
The sign-up instructions are below:
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO JOIN OUR TEAM TO COMPETE IN THEJUNE 7TH, 2014 SPARTAN RACE THAT IS BEING HELD IN TUXEDO NEW YORK. IT IS A GREAT WAY TO COMPETE TOGETHER AS A GROUP AND HAVE A TON OF FUN WHILE ACCOMPLISHING 4 MILES OF HILLY TERRAIN AND OVER 15 OBSTACLES.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO….
- WATCH THE VIDEO FROM LAST YEARS RACE:
- THEN AFTER YOU THINK THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU COULD DO THAT(HAHA) GO TO THE LINK BELOW TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- FILL OUT THE INFORMATION AND CLICK THE BOX THAT SAYS CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM
- THEN CLICK ON
|Afternoon Start Times (12:15 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.)|
|Individual & Team||$60.00|
- FILL OUT EITHER THE NEW USER BOX WITH YOUR EMAIL OR SIGN IN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT
- CLICK ON THE “YOURSELF” OPTION FOR WHO YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR
- AFTER YOU FILL OUT ALL OF THE INFORMATION CLICK ON “CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM”. THEN SEARCH FOR THE NAME CROSSFIT INVASION AND CLICK ON IT
- THE OTHER OPTIONS SUCH AS MEDAL TYPE AND HURRICANE RELAY ARE OPTIONAL AND I WOULD CHECK NO.
- CLICK THE TWO WAIVER BOXES AND THEN SIGN THE BOTTOM.
- ONCE YOU REVIEW EVERYTHING AND GET TO THE CHECKOUT PAGE USE CODE: “TS15” TO RECEIVE $15.00 OFF (MAKING THE TOTAL $64.61) OR IF THAT DOESN’T WORK TRY “SPEAR10” TO TRY AND RECEIVE $10.00 OFF(I AM NOT SURE IF THIS CODE IS STILL ACTIVE BUT IT IS WORTH A TRY)
- UPON COMPLETING YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CFINVASION@AOL.COM SO THAT I CAN ADD YOU TO OUR TEAM LIST AND SEND YOU RACE UPDATES.
- ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LET US KNOW!!! REGISTRATION FOR THE RACE IS ALREADY 70% FULL SO BE SURE TO SIGN UP SOON!!!!!!
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
― Lao Tzu
Regardless of a person’s past athletic experience or current level of fitness, everyone who comes to CrossFit Invasion is provided with the opportunity to learn about basic techniques, terminology, pre-workout warm ups and exercises before participating in regular classes. These include a total of six small group sessions with one of our coaches.read more