CrossFit Invasion is proud to announce their “Team Invaders” CrossFit Kids Program. Our Coaches will be using activities that kids naturally enjoy, while at the same time providing all participants with a fitness program that is safe, fun and energetic. Our CrossFit Kids workouts are tailored to the unique needs of children and teens helping them stay active and healthy.
Meet Our Coach!
Due to David’s passion for CrossFit and being a Physical Education Teacher, he pursued his CF-L1 and CF Kids certifications. He has incorporated CrossFit into his Phys. Ed. Curriculum where he emphasizes the importance of fitness and health in every lesson. His students are very eager to see what the WOD is as they enter class.
Our program uses a combination of skill practice, workouts and games to build strength and conditioning in children. Our athletes will be performing activities which include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements and plyometrics.
In addition to learning new skills, you will notice your child makes better food choices, is more focused in school, transitions to new sports easier and has a reduced risk of sport-related injury. Our goal is to help children become the best version of themselves as possible. The tool we use is physical fitness, but our philosophy is that training CrossFit increases quality of life, both inside and outside the gym. We are committed to teaching children to become successful leaders while promoting the importance of health and fitness for a lifetime in a safe and positive learning environment.
Our athletes will learn not only basic physical skills, but also social skills and confidence. More importantly, your child will also learn to follow directions, listen, communicate, and play with others. Every class includes game play and positive reinforcement. Your child’s confidence, both physically and mentally, will grow with each class.
We also focus on leadership skills. As children progress through the program, they will be asked to model movements, lead exercises, and demonstrate an ability to verbally explain exercises while assisting newer, younger students in class.
Our CrossFit Kids program is designed for EVERY child to experience and celebrate progress. As you watch your child grow in ability and confidence, they will also learn that hard work results in success.
Specifically, our CrossFit Kids program will follow the same philosophy that we use for our Basic Training, GPP and Competitors programs by teaching all participants the 10 General Physical Skills. These skills are the base for any sport or discipline your child may pursue.
10 Physical Skills
Proper Nutrition for Kids and Teens
What we recommend- “Keep It Simple”
- Our goal with kids is to get them to think and make good choices about what they eat.
- To teach them very basic concepts
- for example:
- sugar is bad
- protein is good and you need to eat some in every meal
- Nuts and seeds are good fats. Eat them, don’t avoid them.
- Pasta, white bread, and white rice are not that good for you
- food that’s red, yellow, green and found in the fruit and vegetable aisle is good for you. Eat a lot of it!
- for example:
For portion size use the following guide:
- Have your child look at their plate
- Now have them make a fist, they should eat that much meat with every meal
- Now turn their hand over and fill it with nuts and seeds, have them eat that much good fat
- Fill the rest of their plate with stuff you found in the fruit and vegetable aisle.
- Fill their plate this way at every meal.